Saturday, December 13, 2014

This is...

Hey y'all! Happy Saturday! Hope you're enjoying the weekend?!...I know the days ahead are only gonna become busier and busier for many of us! ;)

Anyhow, I stopping in to share a card I made for the current Virginia's View Challenge.


Here's my card.


I know there's still a little time left for the challenge. Though, I felt a little 'rushed' to get something done. lol Perhaps, it's the time of year and knowing I have some exciting things coming up!?! ;)

So, for my card I actually started off doing my background different from shown. But honestly, it wasn't working for me. After some playing around, I decided to use the negative from a circle die cut for my 'sky'. I used a couple different blue distress inks to fill in my sky. Then added my 'snow' using a dark blue ink. Once done, I added my sentiment pieces and a little gold star. Top finish everything off, I added my wood veneer house in the middle. So, what do you think?!...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is so beautiful ! You make such perfectly CAS cards, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my most fave cards...ever!! awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love your partial sponging on this Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've created the sky with the circular mask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok your incredible.. this is just darling.. i totally love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, so I like it. you may have felt rushed, but it looks totally FINISHED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the white space and the inked images! Really well done, Shelly! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that sweet house!! Lovely design Shelly!! ;) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome CAS design!! i love the half circle and the little star above!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute! LOVE how you have so many details + white space. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very beautiful clean and simple card Shelly, I love the colors and really nice stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelly you made a cutes and sweet little scene on your card I love the house and the dots on blue sky there you are great at making CAS card I think I must learn from you....would you mind if I "follow you per mail"...oops but you did not have that button...here is a little step by step I have learn from Sandie:

    Here is how you add 'follow by email'

    -click on 'design' on your blog (top right hand corner)
    -click on layout (left hand sidebar)
    -click on 'add a gadget (right hand side bar)
    -scroll down until you see 'follow by email-click on this and it will add this to your blog. You can then move it to where you want by dragging it to that position.

    Please inform me if you have already and I will subscribe by email to your blog...it is so great also if you posting someting new it will be pop at my email address...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOOOOOODNESS, Shelly! I love love love the little half circle behind the wood veneer house! What a FAB Card! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:)

    Hope you have a Merry CHRISTmas <3

    ps... thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! YOU ROCK! Always lifting me up:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun inking! I really love the hint of a snow globe and the sweet veneer house!

    ReplyDelete