Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Baby tag

Hey ya'll! Happy Wednesday! Today, I have a tag to share. Once again, I'm playing along with Virginia's View Challenge! :)


Okay. Let's be honest. This challenge had me not only thinking, but questioning myself if I could even come up with something! I don't always make tags, though I do really enjoy them! ;) I sometime's feel CAS is the way to go, but then when making tags I feel they're too bare for me?...I don't know. Guess I'm a little weird like that?...lol And don't get me wrong, I see plenty of CAS tags and I love them. I just seem to always second guess my CAS tags. ;)

Now, here's what I came up with!


Alright. Honestly, I did think about this tag. However, I wasn't planning it to go in the direction it did! I was playing around with things...Really, I was starting to get pretty frustrated, because nothing was wanting to come together! At one point, I felt like throwing in the towel and saying forget it! Though, something just kept pushing me to keep at it. And as you can see, I went with it.


I have to say, I think my tag ended up being pretty darn cute?!...I figure it would be perfect for a baby shower or new arrival, etc. And for the challenge part, not only did I make a tag. But all the papers were from my scraps, I just cut them down in size. And for a 'recycled item' I found a tiny safety pin, thought that was somewhat meant to be...fits well. ;) To top things off, I used a natural wood flower button, wood veneer piece, some sequins and tied a little piece of twine on the safety pin. So, how do you like it?...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!
-Shelly

17 comments:

  1. This tag is way cute! And I feel yah with the whole tag thing. I just can't make one I'm happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, your tag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag Shelly, it is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is soooooo cute! I love the sweet colours and the wood veneers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is just PERFECT. And yes still CAS!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layered tags.. such a fun projects.. great take on Virginia's challenge.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so super sweet! I really love the layers you used to create the tag base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelly, your tag is so sweet...perfect for a baby gift. Love all the layers and the cute wood elements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Tag is such a master piece, I love the layers and especially the note book paper attached with a safety pin is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you persisted, Shelly! I adore every single detail--from wood veneer birdie,the scrap line paper to that little pin! Hope that you continue to play and have fun (do NOT ever doubt yourself!!!!). Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View 'Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this very much! It's sweet, and you've turned "green" into "gold," as in 'winner!' This is just wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree--it's really darn cute! I love the layering and the little elements. So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So totally sweet! Love the wood veneers, but my favorite element is the pin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet tag indeed! Love all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete