Sunday, June 2, 2013

A happy card.

Hey y'all! Happy Sunday, I hope y'all are enjoying your day?! I woke up to 80* weather, which I love. Also, considering the fact it was only 7 o'clock!! Really, how can not enjoy stepping out into the warmth?! :)

Anyhow, I'm really stopping in to share a 'happy' card I made for the current Casual Fridays challenge!


Now, I was just gonna do your typical 'Congratulations/Congrats' card. Then, I did some thinking. And this was what I came up with! :)


Yaaaaay! Hurray for you! ;) I was quite surprised, that I was able to make this card come together! It took some (a lot) of trail and error. I played around with so many things, what to add, what not to add, if and how to layer things....there were a lot of things running through my mind! Though, I must say, I'm happy with my outcome and I think it fits of a Congrats card?!! :)


Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!

11 comments:

  1. Fun card!! I'm working on mine but that is the sentiment I have planned to use too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, what a fun card! Very clever...love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, you nailed it!! Everything about it is perfect!!! I love that bag of sequins. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, yeah. So I totally and completely adore this card! Absolutely AWESOME!!!! Thanks for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to say Hooray (congrats)! Personally, I think it totally qualifies for the CAS challenge.Your trial & error efforts paid off beautifully! Sometimes things come together perfectly, other times....hours & hours later and a recyle bin full of paper are all that has been accomplished!

    You nailed this challenge - your card is perfectly balanced and the elements work together perfectly!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today to wish me luck in Round 3 of the GI challenge! So very sweet of you to take the time to do so :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Shelly! I LOVE the sequins in the bag and the fun cluster of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so cool, Shelly! I LOVE the idea of the confetti bag for a congratulations card. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'd say all that playing around was worth it!! Wonderful results, with your confetti-to-go. Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous, creative take on this challenge! I love the patterns you've used...and the sequin treatment. CONGRATS on your CASual Fridays win too! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to make an outstanding card, Shelly!! Congratulations on the WIN from CFC!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your win, that also wins for the coolest way to use sequins I have seen in a LONG time!! fabulous and kind of going rogue (which I love) ;)

    ReplyDelete