Sunday, July 8, 2012

We're the perfect blend.

Greetings everyone, hope your all having a great end to the weekend?!! :) It's Sunday and I'm always about taking it easy, on Sunday's. I don't do much but lounge around the house, with my kids!

Okay, so I saw this weeks Cas-ual Fridays Challenge and knew I had to play.....again!! Oh, and let me just say "I made it into the contenders, on the last challenge!". How cool is that?!! :) I was sooo happy, making that far!! Okay, okay, enough about me. lol Now, this weeks challenge is to use 'text'.

So, here's my card!


Keeping it CAS again. I wanted to focus on the 'text' and not have anything out shine, the text. For my coffee beans, I whipped out the 'prismacolor' colored pencils (really, I should say "I went into my husbands stash and used them!" lol he has yet to know, I did so!). After coloring in my beans, I felt my card still needed a little something else? I really couldn't see using any gems or anything, so I went for twine! I think it worked perfectly?...It gave it a little something else, without taking away my main focus....hopefully?! :) And for my 'text', I used two inks (black for my three words and a brown for my 'blend').

Thank you for stopping by today and have a great day!! And don't forget to stop by Cas-ual Fridays... go and play along!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Shelly. A perfect CAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable...love those coffee beans! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS perfect! Congrats on being a contender last week! Glad you could join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! this is really cute! So CAS and super adorable! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, this is CAS perfection! Everything worts so, so well together in this card :)
    So glad you joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet and cas...wonderful:)!! thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the challenge - this is uber CAS and very well executed!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete